Ready to move forward as an independent affiliate? Please follow these instructions:
1) Apply for an auctioneer's license in your state or county of residence (required in MN & WI). Be aware that this process can take a few weeks to a month to complete. See this link for more details on obtaining an auctioneer's license.
2) If not already on file, register as a business with the Secretary of State and secure a state tax ID number from the Dept of Revenue. State tax ID and proof of SOS registration are required at the time you become an affiliate.
3) Send or deliver the following documents in one package to K-BID headquarters at 5030 Highway 12, Maple Plain, MN 55359:
- Independent Affiliate Agreement (Attached to this page)
- Personal Guaranty (Attached to this page)
- Affiliate Activation Form Checklist (Attached to this page)
- Proof of Business Filing (a screenshot or printed copy of email)
- Scan/photo of your driver's license
- Scan/photo of your auctioneer's license.
- $500 activation fee check made payable to K-BID Online, Inc.
- Indicate how you will be accepting online payments. Directions will follow to set this up.
4) Once the above paperwork is received, we will email an invitation to enroll with BillandPay.com, our online payment portal through which you will pay your monthly server fees and BP payments. If you have any questions about BillandPay enrollment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your documents are received and your BillandPay enrollment is complete, you will be invited to sign up for the New Affiliate Training class held at the K-BID main office, generally on the third Wednesday of each month.
This class will discuss the auction process, best practices, marketing and more. Attendance will mark the activation date of your account and the Monthly Server Fee will start the first day of the 7th month following your enrollment.
We look forward to working with you!