Wavebid is a software system that can be leased for creating auctions. This software is optional and not necessary in order to create auctions in K-BID.com. If you choose to lease Wavebid software, follow these steps to import auctions into K-BID.
For Wavebid Users: All changes and adjustments to pictures and descriptions must be made within Wavebid and re-imported each time. While changes can be made directly in K-BID to a lot description, that information will be overwritten each time that the auction is imported from Wavebid. The only exception to this rule would be lowering reserve amounts and adding vehicle fees which would not be impacted by a Wavebid import.
Step 1. Create New Auction in K-BID Software
In K-BID software select New Auction in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
Input the Title of the auction and select Save Draft at the bottom of the page. This will create a draft auction that will be located on your dashboard. Note: To save an auction as a draft the only required field is that it have a Title
Copy the Wavebid Auction ID in K-BID Software. This is populated after the auction is saved as a draft. Step
2. Import Auction from Wavebid
Navigate to the auction in Wavebid and paste the Wavebid Auction ID as the Auction ID. This field is found under 'Current Auction > Auction > Edit Settings' within auction preview or 'Auction > Edit Settings' within your dashboard .
- From the main dashboard select 'Auction > Export Auction' menu item to begin the export process. (or 'Current Auction > Auction > Export Auction' if you are within the auction preview page.)
- Within the Export Auction page, make sure the thumbnail size is set to '150 x 150'. All other default setting are correct and should not be changed.
- Click the Export Auction button.
- After a minute or two the inventory should appear in K-BID Software. Within the Auction Edit page you can check the Import Log for details on the outcome of the operation. The auction will remain in a Draft status.
- The Import Log will alert you of any errors that occurred during the import and any necessary adjustments that need to be made. If there were no errors in the import log you no longer need to use Wavebid for this auction. The auction inventory can now be previewed on your dashboard in K-BID software.
Step 3. Remove the Image Base URL in K-BID
After the auction has been imported from Wavebid you will have to remove Image Base URL within the Edit page of the auction.