In the event that a buyer intends to "junk" a purchased vehicle, the following steps must be completed at the time of the removal:
- Collect the $79 Doc Admin Fee. All other assigned vehicle fees, including vehicle sales tax, are waived (see next bullet).
- Collect the standard sales tax for the auction location. Sales taxes are charged on the hammer price + the BP.
- Have the buyer write on the FILE (your) copy of the invoice, "This vehicle is being junked," and sign and date the notation.
- Collect a copy of the buyer's drivers license.
- Give the buyer a copy of the invoice, marked as paid.
- DO NOT give the buyer the title, lien cards or a 21 day permit.
Once declared junked, it is illegal to drive the vehicle. The vehicle MUST be trailered from the auction location.
Within 8 days of the auction close, submit the following to K-BID:
- $79 Doc Admin Fee (submit as a separate payment via Billandpay.com/go.kbid - you will not be invoiced)
- Original buyer signed & dated invoice (keep a copy for your records)
- Copy of buyer's driver's license
- Original vehicle title and lien cards - K-BID is responsible for processing this title as "junked"
- Completed Junked Vehicle Checklist (attached below)