Scheduled for release at approx. 1:00 am Saturday morning. Downtime could be up to 30 minutes due to database related changes, but should be less.
This most recent update addresses a variety of issues that will directly impact affiliates. Many of these improvements were recommended directly from the affiliate network. Please see release summary and videos explaining this most recent update.
Design and Feel
- New responsive pages - extended the amount of pages within the system that are mobile friendly. Making it easier to navigate and work within the auction level on a mobile device. Extending this to auction listings and pages will be included on future updates.
- Improved 'Affiliate' level navigation menu on responsive layout pages. The hierarchy of options has been flattened so invoice level items are available without having to drill down a level of navigation. As with all the responsive pages, generally easier to use on mobile devices.
- New tables on responsive layout pages! They now re-size better and will hide columns on smaller screens while still providing the data from the collapsed columns in an optionally expandable region.
Sales Tax, Commission and Fees Format (Important!)
- Values expressed as percentages will no longer be input as decimal values. Rather as the whole number. So 6.5% would be ‘6.5’ not ‘0.065’. This applies across the board. It would apply to taxes on auctions, commission rates, and fees. This will only apply to auctions created after 3/18/16, all legacy percentage rates will be converted.
Relative Seller/Settlement Functionality
- Eliminated Relative Seller Concept - There are no more 'relative sellers'. To associate a seller with a lot the seller must first exist. Sellers will have a 'Seller ID'. That value can then be used to associate lots with sellers if importing from a spreadsheet, the same way we before used the ‘relative seller column’ in the spreadsheet. Now you would provide the Seller ID instead. Alternately, a seller can be assigned once the lots exists, either on the lot edit/create page or using the batch edit function on the lot list. To get the most out of the seller related features you should try to give all sellers a Seller ID, Name, and Company Name if applicable. The Seller ID can be pretty much any string of text and numbers. Ideally use something short and descriptive, think about using something similar to a stock ticker name.
- Commission Rates - Commission rates can now be set at the lot level instead of just the auction level. Commission rates will now support break points using hammer price ranges. The rate can either be a percentage or a flat value. A commission rate must first be created to use it. It can be thought of as a profile or schedule, made up of one or more rates determined by price range. Sellers will still have a default commission rate. That default commission rate is assigned to the lot when the seller is assigned, after which the commission rate can be adjusted/overridden. The commission rates are managed from the same interface where they can be assigned (seller edit/create, lot edit/create, and batch lot function).
- New Seller Overview Page - New page with some graphs to provide insight into an Affiliate’s sellers. New settlement report format. Also, a totally new settlement report that can span a date range, as well as a new CSV export of lot/commission detail by date range. The seller list, where sellers can be created and edited, is at the bottom of this page
- Since the relative seller page is no more, there is a new menu item on the auction menu for Expenses.
- Auction expenses can no longer be a percentage, they must be a flat amount. (Use of percent was unclear as to implication and seldom used).
- New ‘responsive’ lot edit / create page. The Fees section user interface is a little different but should still be familiar. The seller and commission rate fields have been added to the form.
- Fees can no longer have their ‘Pay To’ value be assigned to a seller. (Was very seldom it was used/purpose was unclear).
- Affiliates can now edit lot titles even after the lot is active (that is to say after the auction is published).
- The Lot List now includes some additional columns and, as it is now responsive, makes use of the available space on the page.
- A number of new options have been added to the ‘Batch Edit’ menu on the Lot List page. These include lot deletion, seller and commission assignment, and others. There use should be self-explanatory.
- Affilaites now have the ability to delete lots that are in a draft status by using the bulk edit options.
Affiliate KPI / Comparison Report
- On the affiliate dashboard some metrics have been added which allow an affiliate to gauge some important data and see how they relate to all affiliates on the site as a whole. The numbers are based on data from the last 60 days.
The metrics are:
· Closed Lots
· Lots With Reserve %
· Percent Reserve Met %
· No Bid Lots %
· Average Hammer Price
· Standard Deviation of Hammer Price
· Invoices by Invoice Status
*Don't forget to check the blue question mark tooltips if a page has changed and you are not sure about something. There can be useful information there.
We look forward to your feedback and please keep us aware of any issues that you encounter or questions that you might have by emailing: email@example.com.