Using the Auction Center to Conduct Auctions
K-BID has unused warehouse/parking lot space available for affiliates to use to conduct auctions. The fee charged for using the auction center (AC) is a minimum of $100 or 2% of auction sales (high bid) whichever is higher.
The expectation for warehouse use is: 1 week prior to the auction going online, affiliates can use the warehouse for delivery and set up. Once the auction is closed, affiliates will have 1 week after scheduled auction removal to remove ALL assets and clean the space used. If after 1 week, assets are still in the warehouse, affiliates will be charged a storage fee of $100/week.
To reserve the AC for an auction, send Heather an email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Indicate the type of asset selling and the amount of space needed (approximate # of Lots).
- Indicate if the request is for warehouse (indoor) and/or parking lot (outside) space.
- The expected amount of time (dates?) needed to conduct the auction --- from asset delivery to asset removal.
We will respond ASAP regarding the APPROVAL/DENIAL of the AC space. The email will have instructions to notify Heather when actual dates are determined. IMPORTANT – due to security concerns, access to the warehouse is limited to the hours and individuals prearranged by the affiliate. The following dates/times must be on the K-BID calendar before the auction is published:
- Set-Up Date(s) --- Must be provided prior to the first day of setup.
- Auction Start Date
- Inspection Date(s)
- Auction End Date
- Removal Date(s)
- Final Date of Occupancy – All assets removed and auction area cleaned and vacated.
- Individuals who will be on the premises during these times.
Important information for affiliates to know prior to conducting auctions at the AC:
- Heather is the keeper of the warehouse- NO EXCEPTIONS. No other employee of K-BID knows what is going on in the warehouse at any given time. Any questions/concerns/approvals for space MUST be brought the Heather's attention.
- The affiliate is completely responsible for all aspects of their auction. K-BID staff is not available to assist with inspections, removals, or to take phone calls or payments for the auction.
- If selling titled/registered assets, a copy of the title or registration MUST be provided before the t/r asset can be parked in our lot. If nothing is provided prior to parking here, the asset will be towed at the affiliate's/owner's expense. NO EXCEPTIONS. K-BID's Title Department is also NOT responsible for making copies of the title work, this is your responsibility. We also require that the keys for the titled/registered asset remain at the AC.
- The affiliate is responsible for notifying K-BID in advance if someone involved with the auction will be on-site. Due to security concerns, access to the warehouse is limited to the hours and individuals prearranged by the affiliate.
- Unless other arrangements are made, access to the warehouse will be limited to 9am – 5pm Monday – Thursday, and 9am – 2pm Friday.
- The affiliate must be at the AC during posted inspection/removal times and any other time an interested or winning bidder is on-site.
- The affiliate is responsible for posting signs directing bidders to enter through the rear of the building for inspection and removal.
- The affiliate is responsible for securing the building during their inspections and removals --- ensuring interested or winning bidders are confined and not allowed to roam freely throughout the warehouse.