To take online payments using the PayTrace Payment Gateway, affiliates must first have a merchant account that uses one of four major credit card processors:
- First Data
- Chase Paymentech
Affiliates who have a current merchant account
Contact your merchant service provider (MSP):
- Ask the MSP if your current merchant account will work with the PayTrace Payment Gateway to take online payments.
- If the answer is yes, ask the MSP to provide K-BID with a VAR sheet that will allow us, as a PayTrace Reseller, to set you up with a PayTrace merchant account. If the MSP has any questions, please ask them to contact Becky Farniok: (763) 479-4144 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the answer is no, and the MSP can’t arrange to change your merchant account, so it will work with PayTrace, please follow the steps for Affiliates who don’t have a merchant account.
Affiliates who don’t have a merchant account
- Contact any of the four listed credit card processors* and explain your goal is to get a merchant account that works with the PayTrace Payment Gateway, and that K-BID is a PayTrace reseller, and will take care of setting up your PayTrace merchant account.
- The MSP will ask you to fill out a merchant account application.
- After your merchant account is approved, have the MSP send K-BID a VAR sheet so we can set you up with a PayTrace merchant account.
Important: Affiliates should do their due diligence before deciding which MSP they want to use for their merchant account. Credit card rates and fees vary.
*K-BID doesn’t endorse any credit card processor; however, we do have an agreement with TSYS that guarantees K-BID affiliates a credit card rate of 2.22% for qualified credit cards and 2.97% for unqualified credit cards + the usual and customary fees charged by TSYS. These may not be the best rates or lowest fees available. If you want more information about TSYS, we’ll arrange for the TSYS representative to contact you.