Tracking the performance of any marketing campaign is very important to make sure that you are finding the right audience and your putting your money in the right place. There are many ways that you can track performance but it will vary heavily depending on the type and venue you will be using. Here is an example of how you can determine how a campaign performed from a newspaper ad.
Campaign: You spend $200.00 on a single ad in the local newspaper promoting an upcoming auction that you have closing in 2 weeks.
How to track performance: During load-out provide a simple survey asking people how they found out about the auction. Out of the 75 bidders that ended up winning on that auction, 10 responded that they heard about it from the ad in the newspaper. Your direct cost per winning bidder was $20.00 a piece.
Tracking Online Campaigns:
Online marketing has made it much easier to determine your ROI on a given campaign as each webpage visit and action is logged and can be accessed by the website administrator. In order to track a specific campaigns performance we can create a custom URL link for you to use when directing people to the auction.
For example this: www.K-BID.com/auction/6000
This allows us to see what happened after a visitor has entered K-BID.com using the provided URL. Think of it as a way to separate from the rest of the web traffic that K-BID receives on a daily basis. By using this link we will be able to see:
- How many people visited from that link.
- How many of those people were new visitors (from within the last 30 days or the last time they cleared their cache)
- How many people looked at one page and then left immediately (Bounce Rate)
- How many average pages each person viewed.
- The average amount of time they spent on K-BID.com.
- How many new bidders registered (presumably to bid on the auction you promoted).
Here is an example of how that data would look:
This can be used on any campaign in which you are driving traffic to K-BID.com and we can share these results with you to help you determine the effectiveness of your campaign. If you would like to test out one of these URL's please email me the following information:
- Affiliate/Auction ID
- Where you will be using the link. i.e. Facebook, Twitter, MidwestAuctions.com, the local news outlets website.
I will create the URL and send it back to you, after the campaign has ended I would be happy to share the results for with you. Do not attempt to create the URL yourself as it will make tracking difficult.