In the event that the winning bidder of a titled asset is a dealer, the following steps must be completed at the time of the removal:
- Collect the $79 Doc Admin Fee; other vehicle fees are waived.
- Collect a current, non expired, copy of the buyer's dealer's license; collecting their dealer number alone is not sufficient.
- On the FILE (your) copy of the invoice, have the buyer write, "I have taken possession of the title for this vehicle" and have the buyer sign and date this notation.
- Give the buyer his copy of the invoice marked as paid, the title, and lien cards if applicable.
Within 8 days of the auction close, remit the following items to K-BID:
- $79 Doc Admin fee (submit as a separate payment via Billandpay.com/go/kbid - you will not be invoiced)
- The copy of the dealer's license
- Original buyer signed/dated invoice (keep a copy for your records)
- Completed dealer checklist (attached below)